In the first ever video we’ve made showcasing an actual WishList Member website, we take you behind the scenes of Jan Koch’s List Building School and Virtual Summit site.
The site showcased here is a LIVE site that is launching it’s live event on August 8-12. You can register for free right here: https://listbuilding.school/wishlist
For a limited time, you can get a 20% discount on the premium pass using code: WISHLIST
Why Jan Chose WishList Member Over all the Other Options
Jan shares why (2:30 in video) he made the decision to build on WordPress using WishList Member + CourseCure vs. using SaaS platforms like Kajabi and Teachable.
Hint: It boils down to control and flexibility.
He then walks us through his entire customer journey from when they first opt-in to his completely free summit, the bump offer they receive, and how he has set all of that up using WishList Member and ThriveCart.
A Proven Landing Page: Jan’s Experience You’ll Want to Copy
Jan explains how (3:30 in video) important to own your content and not allow it to get swooped up or taken down by any kind of social media platform. Everyone who owns a membership site puts their heart, blood and tears into it. We should be in full control.
Outline of Jan’s Landing Page
- Section to Showcase his upcoming event with the topics he covers
- Button with link to Register for event
- Evergreen format
- Series of interviews
He mentions that his go to Host since 2015 is Cloudways.
Jan’s Advice for Anyone Starting a Membership Site
In addition to talking about all the technical stuff, plugins, and tools he is using, Jan was generous enough to share with us (and you) tons of valuable nuggets from how to book industry experts without prior connections (usually for free), his recommended hosting provider, important tips about setting up email sequences, and so much more.
- 2:30 – Why Jan chose to build on WordPress and WishList Member vs. Kajabi and Teachable
- 4:30 – A proven landing page layout for getting virtual summit attendees
- 5:55 – Jan’s recommended hosting provider for running highly trafficked virtual summits with WishList Member
- 8:00 – The biggest reason why you should start on the right membership platform vs. moving later (Jan’s personal story)
- 11:00 – Why it makes sense to give everything away for FREE in your virtual summit
- 17:45 – How to get industry experts to present at your virtual summit without ANY existing network
- 27:18 – The behind the scenes/backend look at how Jan structured his virtual summit with WishList Member and CourseCure
How to Get Started with WishList Member
If you liked what you saw in the video case study, you can have something similar by joining the WishList family today…
- Get WishList Member
- Get setup using our training videos and support
- Launch your site!