The Sequential Upgrade feature in WishList Member lets you automatically move or add members to other membership levels according to a specific schedule you set. This provides you the ability to effectively drip content out to members.
To set up a Sequential Upgrade, navigate to Members > Sequential Upgrade.
On this screen, you can set the following options:
Click the name of the Membership Level you’d like to adjust the Sequential Upgrade settings for to set the Method.
You can choose between these options:
- None. This Level will not sequentially upgrade members.
- Add. If you select this method, Members will remain in the Level and will be added to the next Level. The result of the Add method is a Member will remain in the previous Level as they are added to the next Level.
- Move. If you select this method, Members will be moved out of the Level and into the next Level. The result of the Move method is a Member will be removed from the previous Level as they are moved into the next Level.
- Remove. If you select this method, Members will be removed from the Level. The result of the remove method is a Member will be removed from the Level after the set period of time.
The Members in the Level will be Sequentially Upgraded to the set Level AFTER the set period of time or ON the specifically set date.
You can select from the following options:
- After. If selected, Members will be sequentially upgraded to the Level specified in the To field AFTER the set number of Days/Weeks/Months/Years from the date they were registered to the Level.
- On. If selected, Members will be sequentially upgraded on the set date and time.
For example, say you are building a modular course and want to drip out a new module to your members each week.
In this example, your course has 3 modules and you have created a level for each:
- Membership Level – Module 1
- Membership Level – Module 2
- Membership Level – Module 3
And, you’ve given the Module 1 level access to the appropriate content for that module. Module 2 is given access to the appropriate content for that module. And, Module 3 is given access to the appropriate content for that module.
In the Sequential Upgrade screen, you would set the Module 1 Level to ADD members to Module 2 Level AFTER 7 Days. Then, you would set Module 2 Level to ADD members to Module 3 Level AFTER 7 Days.
What would happen is… When members register to Module 1, they would gain immediate access to that content. After 7 days, they would be added to Module 2 via Sequential Upgrade and now have access to BOTH Module 1 and Module 2 content. Finally, after another 7 days, they would be added to Module 3 and have access to the content for all three modules.
Of course, this is just one example of how you could set this up.
One more thing to note is the Content Scheduler feature is also available for dripping content. It allows for dripping content using a different method and more details can be found in the Drip Content – Content Scheduler Knowledge Base article.